Nursing Home Negligence Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo Represents Individuals That Have Suffered Serious Injuries or Wrongful Death From The Negligence and Abuse of Nursing Homes In Miami and Throughout Florida. We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars For Our Clients. Let Us Help You Too.
According to data recently published by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), there are approximately 16,100 nursing homes with nearly 1.7 million beds with an occupancy rate of 86% or nearly 1.5 million resident patients in the U.S.
If you would like a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation, please fill out the Quick Contact Form to the right or click here and a member of our firm will contact you promptly. You may also contact us directly at (305) 461-1095 or Toll Free at 1-(866)-71-CLAIM.
There is never a charge to speak with an attorney at our firm. Unlike other law firms, we are available to come to you at your hospital bed side, home, office or other location, including rural and urban areas, throughout the entire State of Florida. Wherever you are, we will come to you, including international and foreign locations.
As unimaginable as it is to fathom, sexual abuse of nursing home residents or patients occurs frequently, with an average of nearly 2 nursing home sexual abuse complaints filed every day in the U.S. Unfortunately, there exist certain sexual deviants and predators that prefer to prey on the elderly due to their inability to defend themselves. This inability may be due to their age, weak health or illness, or mentally incapacitated state. Perpetrators of nursing home sexual abuse cases are often times the same administrators, staff members and employees entrusted with the care and well being of our loved ones. Other times, the violators include other nursing home residents or visitors thereof. In some cases, strangers gain access into the facility for purposes of committing these heinous acts.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to nursing home sexual abuse, the Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. will work hard to prosecute your claims. Our goal is to get you a full measure of justice.
Common nursing home sexual abuse acts can include:
- Forced masturbation or other sexual activity;
- Forced nudity;
- Forced sexual acts between patients;
- Sexual assault;
- Sexual coercion;
- Sexual harassment;
- Sexual intimidation;
- Sexually explicit photography or video;
- Unwanted touching;
- Verbal abuse in a sexual context;
- Voyeurism activity;
- Any nonconsensual sexual activity.
Common causes or contributors that can lead to nursing home sexual abuse can include:
- Failure to conduct background checks on employees with criminal record or a history of committing sexual abuse or assaults;
- Failure to properly supervise employees;
- Failure to screen potential residents or patients with a history of committing sexual abuse or assaults;
- Failure to properly supervise residents or patients;
- Failure to properly train employees on how to spot for signs of sexual abuse;
- Failure to provide appropriate and competent security to ensure the safety of residents from sexual assaults,
- Failure to monitor the access of strangers or visitors to the facility;
- Failure to maintain a record keeping system of sexual abuse complaints;
- Failure to remove an employee or resident that is accused of sexual abuse or assault until investigation is complete;