If you need an attorney to help you collect on your long term disability insurance policy benefits, choosing an attorney may not be as simple as you think. The attorney you hire must be:
- Passionate about handling long term disability insurance claims,
- Experienced in handling long term disability insurance claims,
- Knowledgeable with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA),
- Knowledgeable with Florida insurance law and how it affects your case,
- Focuses his or her practice to disability insurance law,
- Offers a free consultation in order to meet with you and listen to your case,
- Handles your case on a reasonable contingency fee arrangement,
- Keeps you updated on your case and how it's progressing,
- Actually answers your phone calls or returns your phone messages promptly,
- Treats you with respect.
The Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. represents individuals that have had their valid long term disability benefits denied, delayed or terminated irrespective of whether the policy was purchased individually or issued through an employer group policy. The firm is available to assist individuals with the initial application process, during the administrative appeals process, handling denials of claims or termination of benefits, litigation in state or federal court, and negotiating a one-time lump sum settlement or buy-out. Please contact our office to discuss your case in more detail.