Miami and Florida Long Term Disability Insurance Claims Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
Long term disability insurance is intended to provide benefits to individuals who are injured, sick or unable to work at their jobs. Examples of injuries and illnesses that are often covered include the following:
- Physical injuries – virtually all kinds
- Back, spine, neck injuries
- Heart disease
- Stroke and other incapacitating conditions
- Motor vehicle accident injuries
- Others – ask Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo
What to do When Your Long Term Disability Claim or Appeal is Denied
Unfortunately, insurance companies often deny legitimate claims. In fact, they do so routinely in order to protect their own financial interests. If you sustained an injury or illness and need to file a claim, or if you filed a claim, were denied benefits and need to appeal, it is highly advisable to obtain legal representation from an experienced and skilled long term disability insurance claims attorney.
Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo has been providing vigorous and effective representation to long term disability insurance clients in Miami and throughout Florida since 1994. Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo has extensive experience in the insurance claims field, including working as an insurance adjuster. He is intimately familiar with insurance company procedures and tactics. And because of this knowledge and extensive experience, he understands how to get results for his clients.
Many Reasons Why Insurance Companies Deny Claims and Appeals
There are many reasons why long term disability insurance benefits are denied, whether justified or not. They include, but are not limited to the following examples, which may look familiar to you:
- “You do not have a long term or permanent disability” – insurers often routinely claim this broad statement as a tactic to induce you to settle for a lesser amount, or to force you to appeal or to simply give up.
- Insufficient medical evidence – this is one of the most common reasons why insurers deny claims. Even when you have adequate medical records, MRI’s, scans, tests, doctor’s statements and diagnoses, insurers may simply claim the medical evidence does not prove a disability.
- “Your claim or appeal was not filed within the filing deadlines” – sometimes insurers allege this even when your claim or appeal was filed in a timely manner.
- “You are able to work” - even when you are clearly unable to work, insurers may claim that you did not meet the definition as stated in your policy – according to their terms.
- “You had a preexisting condition” – this is often alleged, even when it is not so or when it is irrelevant to the case at hand.
- Surveillance – insurance companies may collect photos and videos or interview witnesses in an effort to try to prove you are not disabled. They may even look at your Facebook, Twitter or other social media accounts in search of evidence.
- Terminated your policy – sometimes without any justifiable reason.
- Bad faith insurers – many insurance companies practice fraudulent insurance tactics to avoid paying benefits. This is far more common than most policyholders (certificate holders) realize and in fact many big and small insurance companies have been accused of bad faith tactics.
- Accusations of fraud.
- “You made incorrect statements in your application for insurance” – most insurance companies will engage in post claims underwriting if your claim was filed during the two year contestability period and will deny your claim if they discover that the answers to the questions on the application for insurance were wrong or that your medical history was not fully disclosed.
Miami and Florida Law Offices of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo - No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
It is crucial for you to understand that when an insurance company denies a claim, it does not mean the case is over. In fact, it is often just a negotiating technique. It is highly advisable to seek the representation of an experienced long term disability insurance claims attorney who will fight for justice for you. This is your life, your benefits, your future. Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo understands this. He has helped thousands of clients over the years with their long term disability and other insurance claims.
Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo and his team of attorneys offer a free consultation and case review. You will be able to discuss your case in detail and review possible options. There are no fees for the consultation and in fact, no legal fees at all unless your case is settled or resolved in court.
You can reach Miami Long Term Disability Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email J.P. directly at [email protected].