Miami and Florida Delays of Life Insurance Claims Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
While some life insurance companies pay beneficiaries’ claims in a timely manner, many do not. In fact, the practice of delaying life insurance claims is common at some companies. Life insurance companies that delay a claim often do not have a valid reason to deny it - thus, they may be intentionally stalling. In other words, if the company had an authentic reason to deny the claim, they would simply deny it.
If you are a beneficiary of a life insurance policy and your claim has been delayed, it is advisable to consult with an experienced Florida life insurance attorney. Since 1994, Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo has successfully represented numerous clients in South Florida and throughout the state in a wide variety of life insurance cases, including delayed and denied life insurance claims. A complimentary consultation is available to review your delayed or denied life insurance claim.
Fifteen Reasons Why Life Insurance Companies Delay Claims
Some of the reasons that life insurance companies delay paying death benefits include, but certainly are not limited to the following:
- Life insurance claim forms were not submitted, or not submitted in a timely manner
- Claim forms were incorrectly or improperly answered, partially answered, or incomplete
- Death certificate was not submitted or its authenticity is questioned
- Life insurance company is disputing the cause of death
- Company alleges that the deceased committed suicide
- Company alleges that medical records were not submitted or received despite the fact they have been submitted; additional medical records are repeatedly requested
- The life insurance policy lapsed due to non-payment, late payment or other payment issue
- Insurance company alleges material misstatements, misrepresentations or fraud in the application
- Omissions in the policy application
- Alleged use of alcohol, tobacco or drugs by the deceased although there is no evidence or proof
- When the beneficiary is a minor, the insurance company may create unreasonable and unnecessary delays
- Death occurred during the two year contestability period and the insurance company is conducting further investigations
- Despite a legal beneficiary change during the lifetime of the insured, it is being questioned or investigated by the insurance company
- Insurance company alleges that policyholder failed to update relevant medical or occupational information
- Insurance company questions the beneficiary's relationship to the insured - without valid reason
There are many other reasons why an insurance company may delay a claim. Please discuss this with Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo.
The Law Offices of Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A., Provides Vigorous Client Representation in Delayed Life Insurance Claims Cases
Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo has extensive experience representing clients whose claims have been delayed and denied by life insurance companies. Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo understands how important it is for the beneficiary or beneficiaries – often the surviving spouse, children or parents of the deceased – to receive the death benefit in a timely manner. After all, in many instances the insured policyholder purchased the policy to provide monetary income and support for his or her family in the event of death.
Many Delayed Life Insurance Cases are Quickly Resolved by Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo
Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo is an experienced negotiator and trial attorney. Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo will pursue the maximum amount of coverage as per the terms of the life insurance policy. Insurance companies often quickly respond to Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo and tender payment without further delay. This is often so even after months or years of effort by the beneficiary.
Most Life Insurance Delay Cases are Resolved Out of Court
The great majority of Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo’s life insurance cases are resolved out of court. However, if the insurance company does not tender payment or offer a satisfactory settlement, Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo and his team of attorneys at The Law Offices of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A., will be fully prepared to take the case to trial. In those cases where the insurance company engages in bad faith practices, punitive damages may be pursued.
Representing Clients in Miami, South Florida and Throughout the State – No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
Insurance delay cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no out of pocket expenses for you and no legal fees unless your case is successfully resolved through negotiation or court award. The Law Offices of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A., represents clients in Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County and throughout Florida.
You can reach Miami Life Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].