Talk to your Certified Public Accountant.

Generally, you must report as income any amount you receive for your disability from a long term disability policy if the plan's premiums were paid for by your employer.  If both you and your employer have paid the premiums for the plan, only the amount you receive for your disability that is due to your employer's payments is reported as income. If you pay the entire cost of your long term disability policy, do not include any amounts you receive for your disability as income on your tax return.  This would include any employer or private individual policy where you paid 100% of the premiums.

Please consult with your Certified Public Accountant, as rules change frequently.

You can reach Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by calling (786) 272-5841 or by emailing [email protected].
J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A.