In the State of Florida, before proceeding with a first party insurance bad faith lawsuit, you must meet the following conditions:

  1.  File a Civil Remedy Notice of Insurer Violation with the Florida Department of Financial Services which triggers a 60 day period in which the insurance company has to "cure" its bad faith conduct.
  2.  Receive an award in your underlying contract claim for insurance coverage.

You can reach Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by calling (786) 272-5841 or by emailing [email protected].

J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A.