Although an insured should be able to rely on her insurance coverage when it counts, insurance companies generate staggering profits by denying or lowballing payouts on legitimate claims.
Many policyholders abandon their claim when they receive a letter indicating that the claim is not covered. While it can be difficult to take on an insurance company staffed with attorneys, claims adjusters, and experts set on stonewalling your claim, the task can be less stressful when you have experienced legal representation. Sometimes policyholders do not retain the services of an experienced insurance claims attorney because they do not realize the benefits that competent legal representation can provide.
Some of the advantages of working with an experienced insurance claims lawyer are:
- Professional documentation of the insurance claim
- Careful review and analysis of the insurance policy
- Assistance in compiling an inventory of damaged items
- Negotiating the best possible settlement with your insurance company
- Arranging for photo or video evidence to be developed
- Coordinating with and retaining experts like contractors, roofers, plumbers, and forensic engineers
- Providing assistance in submitting a fully supported and documented claim to your insurer
- Obtaining and submitting detailed repair estimates
- Offering advice regarding your rights for your claim under the policy
- Seeking appraisals for personal property (jewelry, art, rare coins, etc.)
Homeowners expect that when they suffer damage to their home in the form of structural damage, storm damage, hurricane damage, fire damage or water damage, the damage will be covered by their insurance company. Insurance companies often hide behind ambiguous policy language to promote their own financial interests.
When your insurance company fails to live up to its duties under the policy, you have the right to challenge the insurance company’s decision. This challenge is more likely to be successful when you have the benefit of an experienced insurance claims lawyer.
You can reach Miami Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].