What is homeowners insurance?

Homeowners insurance provides coverage in the event your home and/or its contents are damaged by fire, wind, theft or other types of covered perils and also provides liability coverage against injury claims.  Homeowners who have a mortgage or deed in trust will be required by the lender to maintain homeowners insurance.

Will the cost to repair or replace your vehicle be paid if it is damaged by a covered peril?

Generally, your vehicles will not be covered under your homeowners policy, but they might be covered under your auto policy.

Does your homeowners policy cover all of the personal property inside your home?

While your homeowners policy will cover most of the possessions inside your home, the policy will exclude or limit coverage for certain types of property.  Examples of items that might not be covered or that might be subject to certain limits include coin collections, jewelry, and antiques.  If you have expensive items within the home of this nature, you should carefully review your policy for provisions that exclude or limit the amount of coverage.  Policyholders can typically purchase additional coverage to circumvent such limits or exclusions.

Does the law require that you carry homeowners insurance?

As a matter of law, states vary in terms of requiring residents to carry homeowner insurance.  However, homeowners who are financing their home will be required by the lender to maintain homeowners insurance.

What types of perils are covered by your homeowners insurance?

Your homeowners policy will cover perils like fire, wind, smoke, hail, theft, vandalism and other perils.  If you are unsure whether the damage to your home was caused by a covered peril, you should contact an experienced insurance claims attorney.  

You can reach Miami Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].

J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A.
Post A Comment