Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo Represents Victims of Personal Injuries and Accidents That Have Suffered Serious Injuries or Wrongful Death In Miami and Throughout Florida. We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars For Our Clients. Let Us Help You Too.
It is estimated that in the U.S. there are 55 million students attending school from grades pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. An additional 15 million students attend our colleges and universities. Unfortunately, as we have witnessed lately, school violence is on the rise. School violence includes acts of bullying, slapping, punching, rape, use of weapons, school shootings, threats to teachers and other acts.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Education, and the Department of Justice some school violence statistics are as follows:
- During 2005-2006, 38% of public schools reported at least one incident of violence to police.
- During 2003-2004, 10% of teachers in city schools reported that they were threatened with injury by students.
- During 2005, 6.5% of students in grades 9-12, reported carrying a weapon to school in the preceding 30 days. Weapons included gun, knife or club.
- During 2005, nearly 8% of students in grades 9-12, reported being threatened or injured with a weapon on school property in the previous 12 months.
- During 2005, nearly 14% of students in grades 9-12, reported having been involved in a physical fight on school property in the previous 12 months.
- During 2005, students ages 12-18 were the victims of nearly 628,000 violent crimes at school which included rape, sexual and aggravated assault and robbery.
- During 2005, 30% of all students reported moderate or frequent bullying interaction, either being the bully or being bullied.
- During the past seven years, 116 students were killed while attending school.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or accident while at school, college or university, the Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. will work hard to prosecute your claims. Our goal is to get you a full measure of justice.
If you would like a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation, please fill out the Quick Contact Form to the right or click here and a member of our firm will contact you promptly.
There is never a charge to speak with an attorney at our firm. Unlike other law firms, we are available to come to you at your hospital bed side, home, office or other location, including rural and urban areas, throughout the entire State of Florida. Wherever you are, we will come to you, including international and foreign locations.
Common causes of school injuries can include:
- Sports Related Injuries
- Physical Education Injuries
- Playground Injuries
- Teacher Negligence
- School Bus Injuries
- School District Negligence
- School Street Crossing Injuries
- School Laboratory Injuries
- Machine Shop Injuries
- Building Reconstruction Injuries
- Sexual Abuse and Molestation
- Teacher Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Poor School Supervision
- Clergy Sexual Abuse
- Priest Sexual Abuse
Besides K-12th grade schools, college and university related injuries and accidents are also prevalent. These incidents can include:
- Sorority or Frat Houses Injuries
- College Dormitories Injuries
- Hazing Incidents on Campus
- Binge Drinking Incidents on Campus
- Alcohol Poisoning Incidents on Campus
- Date Rape on Campus
- Drug Rape on Campus
- Sexual Assault on Campus
- Physical Assault and Battery on Campus
- Professor Sexual Harassment
Common injuries sustained at school, college or universities can include:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arm Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Facial and Body Scarring
- Fractured Bones
- Head Injuries
- Knee Damage
- Leg Injuries
- Loss of Hearing
- Loss of Limbs
- Loss of Vision
- Multiple Fractures
- Neck Injuries
- Neurological Disorders
- Permanent Disability
- Sexual Assaults
- Shoulder Sprain
- Skull Fracture
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wrist Injuries
- Wrongful Death
If you would like a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation, please fill out the Quick Contact Form to the right or click here and a member of our firm will contact you promptly.You can reach Miami Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].