Nursing Home Negligence Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo Represents Individuals That Have Suffered Serious Injuries or Wrongful Death From The Negligence and Abuse of Nursing Homes In Miami and Throughout Florida. We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars For Our Clients. Let Us Help You Too.
According to nationally compiled statistics, 30% of nursing homes engage in abuse and neglect of their residents and patients. In addition, it is estimated that an astonishing 80% of nursing home abuse and neglect incidents are never even reported to appropriate authorities and therefore are not included into statistical reporting data.
If you would like a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation, please fill out the Quick Contact Form to the right or click here and a member of our firm will contact you promptly.
There is never a charge to speak with an attorney at our firm. Unlike other law firms, we are available to come to you at your hospital bed side, home, office or other location, including rural and urban areas, throughout the entire State of Florida. Wherever you are, we will come to you, including international and foreign locations.
Nursing home abuse and neglect can occur in any nursing home, assisted living or long term care facility. Nursing home staff and employees are responsible for most abuse and neglect cases, but other perpetrators include other residents and occupants.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to nursing home neglect or abuse, the Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. will work hard to prosecute your claims. Our goal is to get you a full measure of justice.
Common causes or contributors that can lead to nursing home neglect or abuse can include:
- Failure to hire sufficient staff to care for its resident patients;
- Failure to train staff and employees in the proper care of its resident patients;
- Failure to adequately provide resources in order to provide basic standard of care services for its resident patients;
- Failure to conduct background checks on employees with criminal record or a history of committing sexual abuse or assaults;
- Failure to properly supervise employees;
- Failure to properly supervise residents or patients;
- Failure to properly train employees on how to spot for signs of negligence or abuse;
- Failure to provide appropriate and competent security to ensure the safety of residents from abusive acts,
- Failure to monitor the access of strangers or visitors to the facility;
- Failure to maintain a record keeping system of abuse complaints;
- Failure to remove an employee or resident that is accused of abuse or assault until investigation is completed.
Common injuries sustained at nursing homes due to negligence or abuse can include:
- Equipment Malfunction;
- Falls and Fractures;
- Financial and Property Diversion;
- Fraud of Property, Money and Identity;
- Infectious Diseases;
- Lack of Care;
- Medical Malpractice;
- Mental Abuse;
- Neglect and Abandonment;
- Nursing Home Malpractice;
- Physical Abuse;
- Prescription Drug Error;
- Psychological Abuse;
- Sexual Abuse;
- Solitary Confinement;
- Standard of Care Violation;
- Unnecessary Restraining;
- Unsupervised Wandering;
- Verbal Abuse;
- Wrongful Death.
You can reach Miami Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].