According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control, approximately 1.5 million patients acquire and develop an infection or disease during their stay in a nursing home, assisted living facility or other long term care institution.
The quality of care a nursing home provides its patients can help minimize infections and diseases. Unfortunately, a nursing home's standard of care is not always up to par.
Common causes or contributors that can lead to nursing home infections and diseases can include:
- Failure of facility to maintain a hygienic and disinfected environment;
- Failure of staff to wash hands before treating residents;
- Failure to monitor patients for newly acquired infections and diseases;
- Failure to prevent the spread of infections and diseases in the facility;
- Failure to provide basic standard of care;
- Failure to sterilize medical equipment and devices;
- Failure to treat patients for acquired infections and diseases;
- Failure to use clean needles and catheters.
Common infections and diseases can include:
- Blood Infections
- Bone Infections
- Cancer of Scar Tissue
- Clostridum Difficile (C-Diff)
- Infectious Arthritis
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Respiratory Tract Infection
- Scar Carcinoma
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Soft Tissue Infections
- Staph Infection
- Tissue death
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Venereal Diseases
You can reach Miami Personal Injury Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].