A cardiologist physician is a doctor that specializes in the medical field of cardiology, an area of medicine which studies the function and disorders of the heart.  Cardiologists diagnose, treat, and manage patients with various heart issues, including heart disease, myocardial infarction (heart attack), angina (chest pain), stroke, circulatory and blood vessel issues, and other cardiovascular related problems.  When a cardiologist physician's level of care, skill or treatment falls below the standard of care and inflicts serious injury or death to a patient, medical malpractice may have occurred.  Unfortunately, even the best cardiologist physicians can commit errors and mistakes that may result in serious injuries or wrongful death.

Cardiologist malpractice may include:

  • Delay in Diagnosis or Diagnostic Errors of Heart Conditions;
  • Failure to Correctly Assess Results of EKG or Stress Test Results;
  • Failure to Diagnose Heart Conditions;
  • Failure to Document Chart;
  • Failure to Document Clinical Findings;
  • Failure to Obtain Informed Consent;
  • Failure to Obtain Informed Refusal;
  • Failure to Refer to Other Specialists;
  • Failure to Supervise;
  • Failure to Treat Heart Problems;
  • Hospital Emergency Room Failure to Diagnose Heart Attack or Stroke;
  • Improper Performance;
  • Medication Error;
  • Misdiagnosis of Symptoms that Lead to a Heart Attack;
  • Poor Follow-Up with Patients;
  • Poor Patient Education;
  • Standard of Care Violations.

Cardiologists perform certain medical tests, studies, and procedures which may include:

  • Cardiac Biopsy;
  • Cardiac Catheterization;
  • Cardiac Mapping;
  • CAT Scans;
  • Diagnose Heart Conditions;
  • Echocardiography;
  • EKG (Electrocardiogram);
  • Nuclear Cardiology Tests;
  • Perform Stress Tests;
  • Pharmacologic Stress Tests;
  • Vascular Testing;
  • Ventricular Function Studies;
  • VO2 Max Study.

You can reach Personal Injury Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at[email protected].

J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A.
Post A Comment