Cancer surgery is an operation to diagnose or treat cancer or help relieve symptoms caused by cancer. With breast cancer, a cancer surgeon may remove the whole breast and with lung cancer, the entire lung may be removed. Cancer surgery may also be used in conjunction with radiation, chemotherapy, hormone therapy and biological therapy. When a cancer surgeon's level of care, skill or treatment falls below the standard of care and inflicts serious injury or death to a patient, medical malpractice may have occurred. Unfortunately, even the best cancer surgeons can commit errors and mistakes that may result in serious injuries or wrongful death.
Cancer surgery malpractice may include:
- Complications of Cancer Surgery;
- Delay in Diagnosis or Diagnostic Errors of Cancer;
- Failure to Advice of Serious Risks of Cancer Surgery, Including Risk of Pain, Infection, Loss of Organ Function, Bleeding, Blood Clots, Altered Bowel and Bladder Function and Other Risks;
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer;
- Failure to Document Carefully;
- Failure to Document Clinical Findings;
- Failure to Obtain Informed Consent;
- Failure to Obtain Informed Refusal;
- Failure to Refer to Other Specialists;
- Failure to Supervise;
- Failure to Treat Cancer;
- Improper Performance;
- Medication Error;
- Poor Follow-Up with Patients;
- Poor Patient Education;
- Standard of Care Violations.
Cancer surgery includes:
- Perform initial patient work-up;
- Cancer Prevention;
- Cancer Diagnosis;
- Cancer Staging;
- Primary Treatment;
- Relieving Symptoms and Side Effects;
- Perform cancer surgery of the breast, colon, rectum, prostate, lung, intestinal and other organs.
- Perform different types of cancer surgery including:
- § Cryosurgery;
- § Electrosurgery;
- § Image-Guided Surgery;
- § Laparoscopic Surgery;
- § Laser Surgery;
- § Mohs' Surgery;
- § Robotic Surgery.
You can reach Miami Personal Injury Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at[email protected].