An allergist or immunologist physician is a doctor who specializes in preventing, diagnosing, managing and treating allergic disease. The primary focus of an allergist/immunologist is to manage immune system disorders such as allergies, asthma, inherited immunodeficiency diseases, and autoimmune diseases. When an allergists or immunologist's level of medical care, skill or falls below the standard of care and inflicts serious injury or death to a patient, medical malpractice may have occurred. Unfortunately, even the best physicians can commit errors and mistakes that may result in serious injuries or wrongful death.
Allergists/Immunologists malpractice may include:
- Delay in Diagnosis or Diagnostic Errors;
- Failure to Diagnose;
- Failure to Document Carefully;
- Failure to Document Clinical Findings;
- Failure to Educate or Warn Patients of Food Allergy Risks;
- Failure to Educate Patient of when and how to use Epinephrine;
- Failure to Prescribe Epinephrine;
- Failure to Supervise;
- Failure to Treat Dangerous Food Allergies;
- Failure to Treat Sickness, Illnesses or Disease after Diagnosis;
- Failure to Warn of the Danger of Anaphylaxis or Anaphylactic Shock;
- Improper Performance;
- Medication Error;
- Standard of Care Violations.
Some conditions an allergists or immunologists physician might treat include:
- Allergic reactions to animals;
- Allergic reactions to food, such as peanut butter;
- Allergic reactions to medications;
- Hay Fever;
- Immune disorders that cause frequent infections;
You can reach Miami Personal Injury Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].