Property Damage from Florida Fire
To prevent complete devastation from a Florida fire, there are some things you can do to fireproof your home.
1. Ensure that your roof is fire-resistant.
2. If your home is made of wood, make sure the wood is fire-treated.
3. Double check that each bedroom has two escape routes.
4. Have your children participate in practice fire drills.
5. Plant low vegetation, like grass, closest to your house.
6. Keep trees and shrubs trimmed and plant them no closer than 10 feet from your house.
7. Change the batteries in your smoke detectors every fall.
8. Test your smoke detectors every month.
9. Place fire extinguishers throughout your home.
10. Keep a glass or metal screen in front of your fireplace opening.
If your Florida home has been damaged in a fire, you should be able to file a fire insurance claim. Unfortunately, some insurance companies are difficult to work with and may deny or delay the payment of your claim. In this case, a Miami fire insurance lawyer can step in on your behalf to help you collect your compensation.
You can reach Miami Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].