Qualifying for long term disability insurance claims benefits is no walk in the park. Estimates indicate that approximately 70% of long term disability insurance claims are denied. For those individuals who need to apply for long term disability insurance benefits, below are some tips to follow:
- Obtain from the insurance company a certified copy of your complete long term disability insurance policy.
- Become familiar with your disability insurance policy.
- Organize and gather all your medical records, including lab tests, diagnostic studies, physician reports and any medical opinions supporting your disability insurance claim.
- Understand why your disability prevents you from doing your job or any other job.
- Promptly file your disability claim with the insurance company.
- Complete the disability application, and any other forms requested by the insurance company, throroughly and truthfully.
- Follow all insurance company requests.
- Be prepared to submit to the insurance company all material in support of your claim promptly.
- Be aware that you may be placed under secret video surveillance by your insurance company.
- Be aware that your insurance company will monitor your social media accounts.
- Be aware that your insurance company will contact your medical providers.
- Follow up with your insurance claims adjuster regularly regarding the status of your claim.
- Maintain a log of all communications related to your claim.
- If your claim is denied, know and understand your appeal rights and corresponding deadlines. These will be contained in letters from your insurance company and in your insurance policy.
The Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. represents individuals that have had their valid long term disability benefits denied, delayed or terminated.
You can reach Long Term Disability Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email J.P. directly at [email protected].