Qualifying for long term disability insurance benefits is no simple task. Estimates indicate that approximately 70% of long term disability insurance claims are denied. For those individuals who need to apply for long term disability insurance benefits, below are some tips to follow:
- Read your entire disability insurance policy, from cover to cover. Understand all clauses, restrictions, limitations, terms and conditions.
- Determine if your disability insurance policy is an individual policy or employer group plan.
- Organize and gather all medical records, including lab tests, physician reports and opinions supporting your disability insurance claim.
- Have a clear understanding as to why your disability prevents you from doing your job or any other job.
- Promptly file your insurance disability claim. Fill out the disability application completely and truthfully. Add additional sheets if necessary. Follow all insurance company requests.
- Be prepared to file all supporting evidence initially, not later as an amendment.
- Know that you may be placed under secret video surveillance.
- Follow up after applying. Follow up your telephone communications with a written letter. Keep detailed communication records, including person spoken to, date, time, matter discussed, and conclusion of conversation.
- If your claim is denied, know and understand your appeal rights.
- Learn your insurance company's or employer group plan administrator's deadlines.
- Consult with a long term disability insurance claims lawyer sooner than later.
The Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. represents individuals that have had their valid long term disability benefits denied, delayed or terminated.
You can reach Miami Long Term Disability Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email J.P. directly at [email protected]orneys.com.