In Florida, it may be possible to sue for injuries resulting from IV infiltration or extravasation under certain circumstances. IV infiltration occurs when the fluid or medication that is being administered intravenously leaks into the surrounding tissue, while extravasation is a more severe form of infiltration that involves the leaking of vesicant drugs, which can cause tissue damage and necrosis.

To pursue legal action for such injuries, the case would typically fall under medical malpractice law. In Florida, like in other states, to establish a medical malpractice claim, you would need to prove several key elements:

  1. Duty of Care: You must demonstrate that the healthcare provider owed you a duty of care. This is generally established by the provider-patient relationship.

  2. Breach of Duty: You must prove that the healthcare provider breached the standard of care, which is the level of care and skill that a similarly trained and competent provider in the same medical community would have provided under similar circumstances.

  3. Causation: You must show that the breach of duty directly caused the infiltration or extravasation injury. This means proving that the injury would not have occurred without the provider's negligence.

  4. Damages: You must demonstrate that you suffered actual harm or damages as a result of the injury. This can include physical pain, emotional distress, additional medical expenses, and loss of income.

In Florida, medical malpractice claims are subject to specific procedural requirements, including a pre-suit investigation, notice to the potential defendants, and obtaining an affidavit from a medical expert confirming that your claim has merit. Additionally, Florida has a statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims, which is generally two years from the date the injury is discovered or should have been discovered, but not more than four years from the date of the alleged incident (with some exceptions).

Because medical malpractice law is complex and highly specialized, it's advisable to consult with a personal injury attorney or a lawyer experienced in medical malpractice to assess the specifics of your case, guide you through the legal process, and help determine the viability of your claim.

You can reach IV Infiltration and Extravasation Injury Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected] or by text at (305) 929-8935.

J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A.
Post A Comment