If you have water damage to your home because of a plumbing failure, appliance breakdown, or other loss, you might call a plumber or other repair person to repair the damaged pipe or appliance.  The plumber or service person might be able to repair the failed pipe or appliance, but you may need a water mitigation specialist to repair water damage to carpet, drywall, flooring and cabinetry.  A water mitigation contractor also can take steps to mitigate mold and eradicate mold that has already flourished.  When your insurance company drags its feet in adjusting and paying your claim, you might be hard pressed for the funds to have the emergency mitigation work done.  Many water mitigation companies and other contractors will ask policyholders to sign a contract that includes an “assignment of benefit” clause.  Although the precise language of such clauses will vary, they typically contain language to the effect “I assign and transfer all causes of action, legal rights or insurance benefits” to the company that is performing the work. This type of provision will empower the mitigation contractor with all the legal rights and remedies associated with the insurance claim, which includes insurance payments for the work they performed. 

You can reach Miami Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].

J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo
J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A.
Post A Comment