Miami and Florida Denials of Life Insurance Claims
Life insurance companies frequently deny beneficiaries’ claims. And sadly, many claims are wrongfully denied. In fact, it seems like some life insurance companies deny claims as a matter of standard procedure and don’t investigate claims at all. Other cases may be improperly or insufficiently investigated and/or denied prematurely.
If you are a beneficiary of a life insurance policy and you believe your claim was wrongfully denied, it is advisable to seek the professional legal counsel, advice and guidance of an experienced life insurance claims attorney.
Beneficiaries Can Challenge a Life Insurance Company’s Denial
There are many reasons why life insurance claims are denied. While some denials may be valid, the fact is that many are not. Unfortunately, many denied claimants simply accept the life insurance company’s decision as final.
- It is important for a denied life insurance beneficiary to understand that they have the right to challenge the life insurance company’s denial.
- Just because a life insurance company denies your claim, it does not necessarily mean that this will be or must be the final outcome.
That being said, it is usually difficult for a lay person to successfully challenge a life insurance company denial without skilled and experienced legal assistance. This is why it is important to obtain the help of a professional life insurance attorney.
Common Reasons Why Insurance Companies Deny Life insurance Claims
Some of the reasons that insurance companies deny claims include, but are not limited to the following:
- The insured died within the first two years of the policy. During this two year contestability period, the insurance company has a legal right to rescind the policy or deny a claim. Still, this does not mean that their decision cannot be challenged under the right circumstances.
- The insurance company alleges that material misrepresentations were made in the application. Again, this may be challenged – there is often a big difference between a life insurance company’s allegation and the truth.
- Medical or health information was withheld or omitted in the application. Once again, just because the life insurance company alleges this, it is not necessarily so. A skilled life insurance attorney may utilize the services of medical experts and other professionals to challenge a denial that was based on medical reasons.
- The policyholder failed to pay premiums, or paid late, or let the policy lapse. It is advisable to discuss this with a skilled life insurance attorney. Life insurance companies have been known to receive payments and improperly delay deposits. Or the life insurance company may allege that they never received the payment, when in fact there are cancelled checks to prove otherwise.
- The insurance company alleges that the insured’s cause of death was suicide. Many alleged suicides were not suicides at all. These cases are often challenged successfully.
- Numerous other reasons, allegations and excuses are given by insurance companies to deny, delay or reduce payments.
You can reach Miami Insurance Claims Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].