Studies conducted by the Florida Department of Transportation show that Florida's bicycle fatality rate is consistently the highest or one of the highest in the nation. The leading theory attempting to explain this phenomenon points to Florida's sunny climate, millions of tourists, urban sprawl and low investment in safety capital.
Unbeknownst to cyclists, bike lanes sometimes place riders in an even more dangerous situation. Bike lanes interfere with motor vehicles and the normal flow of traffic. Nonetheless, motor vehicle drivers must keep a safe distance away from bicyclists.
Bicycle accident victims can sustain serious bodily injuries or death.
Common causes of injuries while riding a bicycle can include:
- Drivers Failing to Yield to Bicyclists in Bike Lanes
- Drivers Failing to Yield to Bicyclists in Crosswalks
- Drunk Driving - DUI
- Reckless Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Legal or Illegal Drug Use
- Bad Weather
- Cell Phone Use
- Careless Driving
- Failing to Obey Traffic Signals or Signs
- Road Rage Incidents
- Falling Asleep while Driving
- Car Mechanical Problems - Brake Failure
- Other Distractions while Driving
You can reach Miami Personal Injury Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at[email protected].