Catastrophic aviation crashes are rare, but when they do happen, severe injuries and death are almost guaranteed. Very few people ever survive an airplane crash with only minor injuries.
Dissecting an aviation disaster requires a team of aviation accident specialists and experts to determine the cause of the crash. Aside from the National Transportation Safety Board's (NTSB) own accident investigation report, the Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. compiles its own team to investigate and determine the cause of accident. If negligence or errors are to blame on any one party, there may be reason to bring a lawsuit.
Even if the aviation crash accident took place in another country, the Law Firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. may still be able to represent you or any surviving family members. We represent all aviation accident victims, including passengers, pilots, crew members, airport ground employees, innocent bystanders and their respective decedents.
Common causes of injuries due to an aviation accident can include:
- 1. Pilot Error
- 2. Engine or Mechanical Failure
- 3. Defective Aircraft Design
- 4. Air Traffic Controller Error
- 5. Federal Aviation Administration Negligence
- 6. Airport Ground Crew Negligence
Other causes of aircraft accidents include poor weather conditions, inadequate maintenance, faulty repairs, poor record keeping & inspections, takeoff issues, approach & landing, runway accidents, turbulence and acts of terrorism.
Common injuries sustained due to an aviation crash accident can include:
- Ankle Injuries
- Arm Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Facial and Body Scarring
- Fractured Bones
- Head Injuries
- Knee Damage
- Leg Injuries
- Loss of Hearing
- Loss of Limbs
- Loss of Vision
- Multiple Fractures
- Neck Injuries
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Permanent Disability
- Shoulder Sprain
- Skull Fracture
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wrist Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Some of the aircraft models most commonly involved in accidents include:
- Small Plane Crash Accident
- Commercial Airline Crash Accident
- Private Plane Crash Accident
- Cargo Plane Crash Accident
- Helicopter Crash Accident
- Charter Fight Crash Accident
- Single Engine Plane Crash Accident
- Glider Plane Crash Accident
- Balloon Crash Accident
- Blimp Crash Accident
- Ultralight Plane Crash Accident
- Gyroplane Crash Accident
Top Five Most Fatal Aviation Disasters in Miami Florida*
- 1. 110 Dead, Accident Date - May 11, 1996, ValuJet Airlines, Inc.
- 2. 99 Dead, Accident Date - December 29, 1972, Eastern Airlines, Inc.
- 3. 43 Dead, Accident Date - February 12, 1963, Northwest Airlines, Inc.
- 4. 20 Dead, Accident Date - December 19, 2005, Chalks Ocean Airways
- 5. 6 Dead, Accident Date - September 27, 1975, Foreign Cargo Plane
*Since 1962 - Present
Miami Florida Local Airports
- 1. Miami International Airport
- 2. Kendall Tamiami Executive Airport
- 3. Homestead General Airport
- 4. Opa Locka Executive Airport
You can reach Miami Personal Injury Lawyer J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo by dialing his direct number at (786) 272-5841, calling the main office at (305) 461-1095, or Toll Free at 1 (866) 71-CLAIM or email Attorney Gonzalez-Sirgo directly at [email protected].