Tips on Filing a Florida Fire Claim
If you are looking to file a Florida fire claim, there are some things you should do. Below is a list of fire claim tips that will help you with the process of obtaining compensation for your Florida fire damage:
1. Be sure to notify the insurance company promptly. You also need to go over what your limits are and what is covered. If your insurance policy was destroyed in the fire, order a new copy from the insurance company.
2. Keep track of your conversations. Every time you talk with the insurance company, write down the name of the person you spoke with, job title and supervisor’s name. Follow up your conversations in writing.
3. Don’t give a recorded statement without understanding your rights. You need to comply with the insurance company when they make reasonable requests. You may want to consider talking with a Miami insurance lawyer, if the insurance adjuster requests to take a recorded statement from you.
4. Document your losses to the best of your ability. If you have pictures of your lost items or receipts, that is great, but many times this documentation is also destroyed in the fire. You can gather descriptions from witnesses, family members and friends of the items you lost in the fire, which can be provided to the insurance company.
5. Avoid signing releases or waivers. If your insurance company is asking you to sign a release form, you need to know why. You should not have to sign a release in order to settle an undisputed fire claim.
6. Talk to an experienced Miami insurance attorney. The process can become complicated following a fire and some insurance companies are difficult to work with. The law firm of J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. has extensive experience representing Florida residents with their fire claims and can help you.
Contact us today at (305) 461-1095 or Toll Free (866) 71-CLAIM for more information on how we can assist you with your Florida insurance claim.