Attorney J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo Represents Victims of Personal Injuries and Accidents That Have Suffered Serious Injuries or Wrongful Death In Miami and Throughout Florida. We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars For Our Clients. Let Us Help You Too.
A cardiovascular surgeon is a physician that specializes in the medical field of surgery involving the heart, aorta and other great vessels. Surgery is performed to repair damage caused by diseases or disorders of the cardiovascular system. When a cardiovascular surgeon's level of care, skill or treatment falls below the standard of care and inflicts injury or death to a patient, medical malpractice may have occurred. Unfortunately, even the best cardiovascular surgeons can commit errors and mistakes that may result in serious injuries or wrongful death.
Cardiovascular surgery malpractice may include:
- Delay in Diagnosis or Diagnostic Errors;
- Failure to Diagnose;
- Failure to Document Carefully;
- Failure to Document Clinical Findings;
- Failure to Obtain Informed Consent;
- Failure to Obtain Informed Refusal;
- Failure to Refer to Other Specialists;
- Failure to Supervise;
- Failure to Treat;
- Improper Performance;
- Medication Error;
- Poor Follow-Up with Patients;
- Poor Patient Education;
- Standard of Care Violations;
- Surgery Performed on Wrong Body Part;
- Surgery Performed on Wrong Patient;
- Surgical Mistakes and Errors;
- Tools, Sponges, Clams Left Inside Patients after Surgery.
If you would like a Free Consultation and Case Evaluation, please fill out the Quick Contact Form to the right or click here and a member of our firm will contact you promptly. You may also contact us directly at (305) 461-1095 or Toll Free at 1-(866)-71-CLAIM.
There is never a charge to speak with an attorney at our firm. Unlike other law firms, we are available to come to you at your hospital bed side, home, office or other location, including rural and urban areas, throughout the entire State of Florida. Wherever you are, we will come to you, including international and foreign locations.
Some of the operations a cardiovascular surgeon might perform includes:
- Aneurysm surgery;
- Aortic root surgery;
- Aortic valve repair and replacement;
- Beating heart coronary bypass;
- Blood vessels surgery;
- Congenital heart disease surgery;
- Coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Filter insertions;
- Graft insertions;
- Heart conditions in children;
- Heart defect repair;
- Heart failure surgery;
- Heart pacemaker insertion;
- Heart transplantation;
- Marfan syndrome heart surgery;
- Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass (MIDCAB)
- Mitral valve repair and replacement;
- Open heart surgery;
- Pulmonary hypertension surgery;
- Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy;
- Rhythm disorder surgery;
- Stent insertions;
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery including thoracic aortic stent grafts;
- Transmyocardia laser revascularization;
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs).